At the recent company retreat, I brought my homemade BBQ sauce, named Spreaker BBQ Sauce for the occasion. Since I got pretty decent feedback, I decided to post here the full recipe, in case someone wanna etry to make it as well.
The recipe originated from a BBQ sauce I found in a cooking book, and then refined until I got a satisfying mix. It’s pretty easy to prepare, except a couple of drawbacks: it takes some time to cook, and produces a bad smell during cooking (hey, just during cooking).
|1 spoon||Worcestershire sauce|
|-||White and black pepper|
Remember to accurately choose high quality ingredients (expecially the tomato sauce). It’s the basis to get a good result.
- Cut the onion in very small pieces.
- In a pan, brown very slowly the butter and the onion.
- Pour the vinegar in the pan, and keep it browning for 30 minutes (keep the fire low).
- Add the tomato puree and concentrate, the mustard, sugar, hot pepper and pepper (the quantity depends on how much spicy you wanna get the sauce) and cook it for 3 hours. If the sauce gets too dry, add water.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce (1 spoon) and Tabasco sauce (10/15 drops), and salt according your taste.
- Voila! The sauce is ready!
I suggest to marinate pork ribs for at least 24h with the Spreaker BBQ sauce. Then cook it on the BBQ: the result is guaranteed!
Have you tried it? Did you like it? Leave a comment, I’m curious!
|FOSDEM||Bruxelles||02 February 2019 until 03 February 2019|
|KubeCon Europe||Barcelona||20 May 2019 until 23 May 2019|
To get a notification each time a new article gets published, type the following command on your Slack:
/feed subscribe https://pracucci.com/feed.xml