- Postgres 9.5 - the Feature Rundown - the killer feature of Postgres 9.5 will definitely be the upsert, but this major release is not only about it. This article outlines what’s new.
- An HTTP Status Code to Report Legal Obstacles - The IESG has approved the 451 (Unavailable for Legal Reasons) HTTP Status code.
- Sunsetting SHA-1 - Twitter is supporting the proposal sent from CloudFlare and Facebook to CA/B forum, asking to create LV certificates, to be able to continue serving SHA-1 HTTPS certificates to old devices.
- Why it’s harder to forge a SHA-1 certificate than it is to find a SHA-1 collision - A good article from CloudFlare that explains why it’s harder to forge a SHA-1 certificate than it is to find a SHA-1 collision, following the history of MD5 attacks.
- GCC deprecated on Android NDK - GCC in the NDK is now deprecated. Everyone should be switching to Clang.
- Hackercouch - Couchsurfing for Hackers, by Hackers.
- Bitcoin is Unsustainable - An ipotesys on electricity power required by a large scale Bitcoin adoption.
- An opinionable tweet by @randfish asserting “Mobile isn’t killing desktop. It’s killing all our free time.”
Video of the week
I don’t know why, but I can’t stop laughing at this video.
You may also be interested in ...
- Bookmarks - Week of Jan 18th
- Bookmarks - Week of Jan 11th
- Bookmarks - Week of Jan 4th
- Bookmarks - Week of Dec 21st
I will join the following conferences. Reach me out on Twitter if you wanna meet: